13 October 2007

Bongga Ka Day?

Hi everyone! I'm bonggamom, and I'm honored and excited to be the latest member of FilipinaMoms. A little bit about me -- born and raised in 'Pinas, living in the US for 13 years now, married to a motorcycle-riding, soccer-mad Englishman, mom to three kids, trying to find my groove as a stay-at-home parent (I'll save the rest for future posts). You can also find me over at my personal blog, Finding Bonggamom, and the Silicon Valley Moms Blog, where I try to make sense of my life as a mom in the San Francisco Bay Area.

So why "bonggamom"? To me, "bongga" stands for glamorous, ostentatious, outrageous, fabulous, over-the-top. I think all moms can and should aspire to be bongga moms -- even though I know it's hard to achieve such a state when your jeans are no longer "uso", and stained with apple juice to boot.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

dude. if my jeans were stained with just apple juice, i'd consider THAT an improvement... ;)

welcome! looking forward to reading your posts!

Anonymous said...

nice to meet you. I haven't heard the word bongga before. thanks for teaching me something! ;)

Mom2Amara said...

Welcome to Filipina Moms! Can't wait to read more from you!

Liza on Maui said...

Looking forward to your posts :) Your blog led me here :)